Patronage of Our Lady

Patronage of Our Lady

The Patronage of Our Lady chapel was first built in 1738 and attracted worshippers from all over the island. It was rebuilt on a larger scale and in 1789 was the first and only rural chapel on Gozo for 161 years. The altarpiece shows the Virgin Mary shielding a person from Satan with her cloak.
St. Publius

St. Publius

Ghasri (Gozo), Malta and Gozo

Even though Ghasri is the smallest village in Gozo, it has a church, built early in the twentieth century, and two chapels, St. Publius and a rural chapel dedicated to the Patronage of Our Lady.

7.4 Km to Patronage of Our Lady - Map

The Church of St John The Baptist

The Church of St John The Baptist

Malta and Gozo

Unbelievably, the Church of St John the Baptist was built by just 12 men. It did take 20 years though! Completed in the 1600s, the church has one of the largest unsupported domes in the world and can be seen...

7.9 Km to Patronage of Our Lady - Map

Hagar Qim

Hagar Qim

Malta and Gozo

The megalithic temple complex found on the island is one of the oldest religious structures on Earth and the grand stones are impressive. On visiting, you’ll get the chance to watch a multidimensional video...

9.2 Km to Patronage of Our Lady - Map