St. Publius

St. Publius

Even though Ghasri is the smallest village in Gozo, it has a church, built early in the twentieth century, and two chapels, St. Publius and a rural chapel dedicated to the Patronage of Our Lady.
The Church of St John The Baptist

The Church of St John The Baptist

Malta and Gozo

Unbelievably, the Church of St John the Baptist was built by just 12 men. It did take 20 years though! Completed in the 1600s, the church has one of the largest unsupported domes in the world and can be seen...

0.8 Km to St. Publius - Map

Marsaxlokk

Marsaxlokk

Malta and Gozo

This ancient fishing village located in the south-eastern part of Malta displays it traditional trade every Sunday. This is when the locals hold their weekly fish market. You'll see colourful boats in the...

6.6 Km to St. Publius - Map

Patronage of Our Lady

Patronage of Our Lady

Ghasri (Gozo), Malta and Gozo

The Patronage of Our Lady chapel was first built in 1738 and attracted worshippers from all over the island. It was rebuilt on a larger scale and in 1789 was the first and only rural chapel on Gozo for 161...

7.4 Km to St. Publius - Map